Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fixing the schedule. =(

I can't do this anymore. :P Going to fix my schedule on Friday I think. I'm taking more than 40 points this semester and it really feels like too much for me. Yes. I'm passing my courses (I think) but what good is it if I leave school not being able to program well. Between math and physics programming has been taking a VERY low priority. Programming really needs lots of time to sit there and play with it and see what happens and enjoy. But I've only been doing assignments, getting help from friends to do them as quickly as possible since my other two classes take so much time. And doing things in Swedish takes a LOT of time and energy from me too. I underestimated how much it would take last semester.

The program is... if I don't pass EVERY course this year, I can't start next fall with the rest of my class on the second year. But there isn't a lot negative with that anymore. My friends in the class... it looks like most of them aren't going to be there for a variety of reasons. One is going to swap back to chemistry, another will be leaving since he was just taking math, and some are going to be mostly taking datateknik classes instead of datorspel. And really... do I WANT to start the second year of a programming class without being able to program?!? Seems rather silly.

So anyways, looking to drop the last two programming classes. I'll just redo the first year (with economics classes tossed in to round it out... or else by working half time) with next year's first years. I'll have passed math already and a few other classes... so I can REALLY focus on programming. The one catch in all this is to figure out IF I'm allowed to and how it works with CSN (government money for studying). It isn't a LOT of money each month... but we do need it to get by, especially when David is working a cleaning job.

No comments: